Friday, February 3, 2017

Dear Canva, it's been great...

A few weeks ago, I thought it would be wise to start hunting for free software to design our wedding stationery. After I few false starts, I discovered the limitless possibilities that come with Canva, a free online custom design software. It is the answer to the prayers of anyone trying to custom design her wedding stationery.
Canva, a truly remarkable free online custom designer software

Many, many hours after that fateful discovery, my typesetting is complete. Canva, I both love and despise the fantastic freedom you offer your users, all free of charge. Over 100 fonts, each adjustable to my every whim: color, character spacing, line spacing, size, position, you name it. I can add as many text boxes and images as I please. And let's not talk about all your free shapes and text art, all modifiable in size, color theme, font, etc. My files can be set to any size, including custom dimensions, and saved in multiple formats. You are the ultimate blank canvas of free wedding invitations.

Canva, you drive me crazy! Presenting limitless choices to an unemployed woman with seemingly limitless time? It's just not fair. From the moment my artwork came in from Vicky, I could hardly escape your window on my browser, ever present even as I tried to focus on the job hunt. Canva, it's been great, but I think we need a break.
Canva and I had some good times together, creating a very personal and unique set of wedding stationery pdf files that reflect us and our wedding theme. But with the endless possibilities, I nearly lost myself to this software!
At last, with the agonizing choice of paper past me (who knew there were so many shades of white??) and final designs completed for our UK invitation, US save-the-date, US invitation, wedding program, and thank you card, I am free! And not a moment too soon, with a few interviews to start preparing for this upcoming week. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment