Friday, January 20, 2017

Putting a ring on it, his & hers

Just checking items off the wedding to-do list at this point. Well, that, and wondering when I'll get a few more responses from all my job applications. This afternoon, when the jeweller rang, I was thrilled to learn I'd have the pleasure of crossing off a particularly big to-do: picking up Nicolas's wedding band.

Like anything shopping related, this task left Nicolas utterly uninterested, so I let myself get lost in the twisted maze that is the Lanes of Brighton. After testing band upon clunky band, each more awkward than the next when paired with my engagement ring, I goldilocks'ed my way into the perfect fit: a white, yellow, and rose gold triple band otherwise known as a Russian wedding ring. It was delicate, feminine, and unique, and it hugged my engagement ring just right. If only all decisions were this easy.

When my band was re-sized and ready for pick-up, I dragged Nicolas along with the assurance that his trip could be limited to just one shop. After sampling the gamut of colors and designs, Nicolas asked me what shade of gold I'd picked. In a minute, I'd gone from guiltily admitting I'd taken all three to helping him decide what thickness of Russian wedding ring looked best on him.

Our matching wedding bands are finally nestled side by side, awaiting the Big Day.
Finding a set of matching wedding bands that would make us both happy was certainly not something for which I was holding my breath. With just three months to pull this wedding off, I had bigger fish to fry. But I'm thrilled it's worked out this way. And now we're one step closer to saying, "I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment