Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Saying yes to the dress

The bride is supposed to save the big reveal for the moment she steps into the aisle. I know. But frankly, with all the plans and conventions we've already tossed aside, what's one more? And I am too excited not to share.

I didn't have much thoughts around The Dress. I wasn't even sure I wanted something fancy. But my mom suggested I have a look online to see what used dresses might be on the market in Brighton. And boy, was she right.

*Drumroll, please*
Ta da!
From the moment I slipped it on, I knew this Ian Stuart beauty would be going home with me. (Can you believe I got it for £149?!) I love that it's not white, as that color's never really suited me. And I love that the ruffly skirt makes me feel just like Disney's Belle from Beauty and the Beast. If ever there's a day to be a Disney princess, it's your wedding day, and of all the Disney princesses, Belle, with her books and independent thinking, is all right by me.

These photos were only captured due to the generosity of one of my closest friends here in Brighton who, herself was also in just my situation a few years back: a non-EU citizen frantically planning a wedding to a Frenchman with only three months' notice. This lovely woman has been kindly taking time out her day to help me out. I'd be remiss if I didn't end this post with a big Thank You, Esin!

No comments:

Post a Comment