Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Topping it off

Last week, I had an interview run late. That sounds great, but it left me unable to make it home to Brighton in time to be seated in front of my computer for my second interview of that exhausting day. Instead, I landed mid-route while returning from interview #1, in a town called Lewes, where I found a cafe in which to take my skype interview with the second company. Besides providing the backdrop for my latest job interview, Lewes offered me another chance finding: fascinators at an affordable price. So.many.fascinators. Suddenly, that dressy headwear that is all the rage for English ladies attending weddings and horse races was financially accessible. Many WhatsApp selfies later, my parents and I had picked out a selection for my mom, my aunt, my sister, and even for my bridal reception outfit. Yay!

Only one thing quickly became glaringly obvious: I'd forgotten about the other half of my family. That's right, I'm not just a Repak/Aloia anymore. This wedding is all about blending two families into one, which means there was a clan of Kouzan women to consider. One group email thread later and I'd confirmed their interest in this delightfully English accessory and their color requirements. It was off to races (aka ebay) for me, where the selection was anything but wanting.
The English ladies know how a thing or two about accessorising for a wedding.

With all the feather- and ribbon-topped hats tucked carefully out of reach of our enthusiastic cats, we are all set for some extra English fun when all the women gather together for our pamper party the evening before the big day. I'm looking forward to the looks on their faces as they open their hat boxes. Here's to hoping everyone likes the selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment